What we did:
- Construction of a raft foundation
- Construction of new classroom
- Breakthrough to existing structure
- Remodelling of existing classrooms, including full internal fit-out, decoration and associated M&E works
- Drainage, groundworks and tarmacadam finish to external areas
Key things we had to consider:
- Robust communication and health and safety arrangements were discussed and agreed between the Site Manager and School Leadership team at a very early stage. The arrangements were monitored and reviewed regularly throughout the contract period to and adapted as required to ensure the construction activities had minimal impact on the School’s day to day activities.
Building standards we worked to:
- LABC (Local Authority Building Control)
Community benefits from the project:
- Improved learning environment for the children
- Improved working environment for the teachers and other school staff
Promoting health and safety: :
- Health & Safety talks were provided to the pupils and staff on how to stay safe whilst at school. Team members were supported by Ivor Goodsite from Considerate Constructor in undertaking these talks at the School’s Assembly.
- A colouring competition was held for the early learning years whilst the older pupils entered a safety poster design competition. A winner was selected from each year who were presented with book tokens which were sourced from a local business.