What we did:
- Internal remodelling to create a mezzanine floor to house the office accommodation.
- Remodelling of main entrance.
- Creating new laboratory, soundproof room, fuel-testing bays and concrete stands for the testing equipment.
- Internal refurbishment, including mechanical, electrical, ventilation, resin flooring and decoration.
- Civil works including secure fencing, hard standing for deliveries and installing an interceptor to the drainage system to capture fuel spills and landscaping.
Key things we had to consider:
- The site is used to test petrochemical fuels, so health and safety is paramount
Building standards we worked to:
- LABC (Local Authority Building Control)
- 576.14 tonnes of waste diverted from landfill.
During our build, a few significant challenges occurred which could not have been foreseen, which had the potential to delay the project and/or blow the budget. The way that Lloyd & Gravell handled these challenges calmly and methodically, resolving them with the most cost-effective and timely solutions, was very impressive. We have found their workmanship to be of the highest standard, and it is clear that they have great pride and attention to detail in everything they do. We would happily recommend them for any project in the future. We are very grateful for our project being delivered both on time and within budget.”